I do not indulge in pasta very often, but when I do this would be at the top of my list. Who doesn’t love chunks of pancetta and eggs turned into a creamy sauce. Delicious and simple.
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2-4 fresh red chilies, split with seeds removed
- 1/4 pound of pancetta, chopped
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- Combine the eggs and parmesan in a bowl, whisk till smooth then set aside.
- Combine oil, garlic, chilies and pancetta in a frying pan. Cook over low heat until pancetta has released its fat, make sure the garlic does not burn. Set to low so that pancetta and pasta will be cooked at the same time.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water, until al dente or how ever you prefer.
- Drain pasta, save a small bit of the pasta water. Remove the chilies.
- Pour the rest of the contents of the pan over the pasta. Then the eggs and cheese mixture with some of the pasta water.
- Toss well and serve immediately. Grind fresh pepper on top!